As a UKAS accredited day 2 and day 8 test provider we offer these 2 PCR tests for £220 or if you require only day 2 test then this costs £120
The UK government has mandated that all international arrivals to the UK are required to take the Day 2 COVID-19 PCR tests if you are fully vaccinated and travelling from a non-red list country. If you are not fully vaccinated then you must take both the day 2 and day 8 PCR tests. The purpose of the Day 2 test is for Covid-19 variant surveillance; this is a gene sequencing test that has to be done in specialist laboratories. Day 8 test is the check that you do not have Covid-19. All red list country arrivals must quarantine for 10 days, in a managed quarantine hotel even if you are fully vaccinated.
If you are not fully vaccinated and travelling from a non-red listed country, you can additionally take a Test to Release on Day 5.
- You are guaranteed to receive your results within 24-36 hours once the sample is received in the lab.
- Top Health Clinic and its laboratory partners are Government-recognised and registered private providers for Testing on Day 2 and Day 8.
- If your Day 2 test is positive, it will undergo further testing to identify variants of Covid-19. This is important to prevent new variants coming into the UK. For unvaccinated non-red list country arrivals our Day 8 test is the final test before the 10 days quarantine period.
- For unvaccinated non-red list country arrivals, provided that your day 2 and day 8 tests are negative, you must stay in quarantine until day 10, unless you carry out a day 5 test to release covid-19 PCR test. Click Here for Further Details
How to book for the Day 2 and/or Day 8 tests
BOOK IN-CLINIC APPOINTMENT Book Online
- You can book your day 2 and/or day 8 travel test package in advance for our in-clinic appointments. The date you select should be day 2 of your arrival into England e.g. if you arrive on Monday (day 0) then select Wednesday for your day 2 test (you can choose any time slot that is available).
- You will receive a booking confirmation email with testing information and your Passenger Locator Form reference.
ORDER DAY 2 AND/OR DAY 8 TESTS ONLINE FOR TESTING AT HOME
Your day 2 and/or 8 tests can be performed at your home, in your place of quarantine or in our clinic
- For in-clinic tests: You must ensure that you come to the clinic on the 2nd and/or 8th day (if applicable) of your arrival.
- For postal tests: We will send the Day 2 and/or Day 8 test kits via post before your arrival to your specified address. Once you arrive, you must swab yourself on Day 2 of your quarantine and send the swab sample back to the lab via a pre-paid envelope. Likewise, you must swab yourself again on Day 8 (if applicable) of your quarantine and send the swab sample back to the lab.
- The courier delivery of Test Kit Pack will be within 1-2 working days (same day dispatch for orders placed before 12 noon. Test Kit Pack Orders placed after 12 will be dispatched on next working day.
- Please note that you can book for a pre-arranged courier to wait for the sample and then sent straight to the lab (within London M25 locations and additional cost applies depending on postcode)
- Once your samples have been processed, you will receive result certificates electronically highlighting that you have done the tests.